Needing To Get Data Off IDE Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just installed a Wireless card in one of my PCI slots on my only computer, a Dell Deminsion 8300 from six years ago. I plugged the power cable in the power supply and sparks blew everywhere. I tried 3 different power supplies and no power at all. Now I've decided just to build a new PC.

My problem is that I have all of my tabs and lyrics on the old hard drive and need to get it off of the old IDE hard drive and on to the SATA hard drive. The old hard drive has XP on it and I'll most likely be installing XP on this new one until 7 comes out.

How can I get my data from the old hard drive?

Place the old hard drive in a USB external enclosure and attach it to the new system when the new system is up and running. You will be able to access the data that way

you can stick it in the computer, and see if windows recognizes it as a hard drive. if yes then you know what to do from there. if the drive is corrupt or cannot be accessed, you can try this FREEWARE program called Recuva, it recovers lost or un-deleted data that is/are unaccessable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back