TechSpot

Neowin: How to regain your online privacy

By Neowin
Jan 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. These days it is very hard to keep your profile low when you are online. Services that are used every day by many, such as Facebook, Google and Twitter, aren’t…

Read the whole story

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

good find and very thorough article :like:

3. This is why I don't use Fecesbook, Twatter, or Googley. For an alternate and less evil search engine, use duckduckgo.

4. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 973   +99

Google > All

5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 981   +31

I don't use any of these, either. I used Facebook, Twitter and Google, though.

I was hoping the article would provide some information that average users could use, such as tweaking privacy settings and such. Not sure who this article is aimed at, since only privacy nuts will follow such drastic measures, I don't think they will be using most of these sites anyway.

6. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 981   +31

Sorry, missed the part about a part 2 with less drastic measures. Though I'm still not sure who part 1 is meant for.

7. Joining [using] a public proxy network on the internet, is a smart man's exercise in democracy.

As Canadian PM Trudeau once said, government has no business in the bedrooms of the nation.

8. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

whatever you do, anonymity online is just an illusion ... that is used by both parties, the one who want to hide oneself & the one spying on others ...

you will never find proof against or for this, as maintaining the status is the real goal of all authorities

good luck !

cheers!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.