TechSpot

Neowin review: Samsung Droid Charge 4G

By Neowin
Apr 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Verizon has never been shy to load up their portfolio with a plethora of Android. The initial stint was to help fight the iPhone, but now that Verizon has that phone on its store shelves, will they keep loading up on premium Android phones? The short answer to that question is yes, Verizon is continuing to attract high end Android phones to appease all of their customers.

Read the whole story

2. Single Core.... haha who wants that old school tech??

3. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 265

The real question is... what's the screen made of?

4. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 376

Specs sound like a repackaged Samsung Galaxy S except for the Super AMOLED Plus Display... >.>

5. Froyo? why not gingerbread?

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

gingerbread was developed for tablets, not phones. Guest just come here to complain these days.

7. peperonikiller

peperonikiller TS Member Posts: 75

Super you can't be more wrong. Honeycomb was developed for tablets.. Gingerbread is developed for phones.

8. "Gingerbread was developed for tablets, not phones. Guest just come here to complain these days."

You are thinking of honeycomb, gingerbread is available on phones.

9. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

You're right. I misspoke while watching tv. I'll be more tentative next time around. Both post above are correct. Honeycomb=tablet. Froyo/Gingerbread=phones.

10. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 300   +6

Agreed,a dual core would have been a nice addition.BTW I feel that the keys at the bottom are quite small(probably to make up for the large screen) and thus very inconvenient.