Nero 5.5 recorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbrat41

In advance I also think that Techspot is great. I just posted a belated Thank you for other info.

My problem is that i just got a new cd/rw and nero will not pick it up. Virtual drive is my only choice under recorders. I have done a CLEAN install of nero and tried all else that i know.

Many thanks.
bigbrat41

Nero 5.5 is very, very old now. It almost certainly doesn't support a new drive.

Try getting Nero 6 off http://www.ahead.de and see will your Nero 5.5 licence work with it. It will support the drive.

according to nero's homepage my cd/rw IS supported. i'm hoping for a solution other than another purchase, but i thank you (myob) very much.

If your Nero came with your computer or a CD drive then it is an OEM version and will support only the drive it came with.

If you got some burning software with your new drive then you have to uninstall your old Nero.

The Nero was downloaded and a serial number purchased. The cd/rw drive was just replaced as my previous one went SOUTH.

Well if you have time you can try this, it won't hurt anything to try and it might fix it.

Backup your registry.
Uninstall Nero.
Remove your CD Drive through device manager.
Shut down comp.
Remove CD Drive, leave comp case open
Boot comp
Search registry for anything with Nero, and delete those keys.
Shut down comp
re-attach cd drive, put case back on (or wait til you know its working - i.e. reading)
If in WindowsXP check and see if it recognises your drive as CDR/RW or some such. If it doesn't then your drive is probably hosed. If all is good proceed.
Install Nero.
Run Nero, enter purchased key.
Reboot..
Burn CD

Nodsu, thats not always correct for 5.5. I'm still using my Ricoh-OEM Nero 5.5 with my HP and Artec drives.

6 is a different story though, it seems to be locked down to the drive maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back