Nero BackItUp

Guys, I'm having a real problem here, I suppose.

I've got a new computer, and I asked my friend to install programs for me.
I've asked for Nero, but he installed alot of nero programs, and one of those programs were Nero BackItUp

]I've turned my PC on, and putted an external hard drive in the ''Usb'' contact.

Nero BackItUp asked me if I wanted to use the external hard drive as a back up, (I didn't know what it menth) so I clicked ''Yes''

Now, ALL the files are ''gone'' and I will really appreciate if you guys told me a way how to get the files back

Thanks you very much.

Nero backup

Firstly, I don't have Nero back-up software, but all you have done, I think, is to copy (back-up) your 'user account' files onto the external hard-drive. Don't know what is meant by 'All files are gone', because you most likely have two copies of all your 'user' files, one on 'C' drive and a copy on the external drive. A way out of this, is to open your Nero back-it-up software, and look for an option 'Restore (from ? drive), where ? is your external drive's letter. (could be 'E' for instance). That should copy all the files back to where they were. This is a general idea, but as I said at the top I can't give exact details. LOOK CAREFULLY at the Nero options, see if there are some 'help' files to read first. Nero software is very popular, and it's very unlikely that all your files are 'gone' more likely 'moved'. Hope this is of help.

Back