TechSpot

Nest Labs shipping nearly 50,000 Learning Thermostats each month

By Shawn Knight
Jan 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nest Labs, a company created by two former Apple executives, unveiled the Nest Learning Thermostat just over two years ago. We had a hunch that the device would be a hit as it sold out almost immediately and remained out...

Read more

2. Raswan

Raswan TS Enthusiast Posts: 279

Read an in-depth review of this baby about a year ago. Seems pretty well-designed, actually, though that's not a huge surprise since the co-inventors are previous ipod people. In any case, here's for more connected, intelligent, and lower cost home devices in the future!

3. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Evangelist Posts: 700   +187

You can't use the term 'connected intelligence' with a 'learning thermostat' alongside an image like that. Not without bracing for a slew of HAL jokes.

4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,690   +1,068

I saw their display at Lowes... it looks like a very cool product, and I was interested in buying it. Then I saw the price was like $200. I'm not sure how much it's going to save over my programmable current thermostat, but I bet it'll take a while.

What we need is a system that can interact with your vents, so you can automatically close your downstairs vents at night and have the furnace react to bedroom temps. Then during the day , it can reverse it and close the upstairs vents and use the downstairs temps to control the furnace.

5. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

Have had one sense they came out.. well worth the money.. it has already paid for itself.. enough said,,
    get one well worth it..

:)