Netbook won't power on

I have a Toshiba netbook nb505, about a week ago my son knocked it off the end table. About 20mins later I received the "blue screen error". I had to hold down power button to completely shut down, from that moment it has not powered back up. When the power button is pressed, the green power light comes on, and the fan begins running (for only a few seconds), then nothing (display never powers on at all). Knowing enough about computer to get myself in trouble, I have tried a few things. The same thing happen with or without battery installed, or ac connected. I tried taking out battery, unplugging ac and holding power for 30secs, nothing. I finally decided it was the motherboard and replaced it. Then to my chagrin, the exact same issue. I am dumbfounded (my next guess is the cmos battery), any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You replaced the motherboard yourself, but you now think it's the CMOS battery (which should be on the new motherboard too). What?

Something isn't right.

Try taking out the HDD, reseating the RAM sticks too.

I tied reseating ram and hard drive before I replaced board. Yeah, the cmos battery not on motherboard (weird) but separately attached through wired plug. Sorry for the confusiion.

Back