Netflix CEO gets $1.5 million pay cut, stocks remain low

By Rick
Dec 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Netflix CEO, Reed Hastings, got a lump of coal this Christmas as the company's board chose to halve his stock options. Hastings has been at the helm while mismanagement of…

Read the whole story
  2. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 336   +32

I know I'm never going back to netflix. Good luck rebuilding.
  3. they choose the damn image quality for you, wtf. I'm NEVER going back to Netflix, I can everything and for free ! TYVM
  4. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

It seems like love, as soon as you take it for granted it'll crumble down on ya.
  5. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

I'd love to have access to HBO and Starz streaming content but unfortunately they are US only for now.
  6. petert

petert Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

Still, not bad - $500000 per year and after the netflix failures he (hastings) still has a job.
  7. Kraemepoo

Kraemepoo Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

I canceled my 3 a month Blu-Ray when they jacked up the price without any better movies.

I canceled my subscription a couple months later cause I was paying too much for C movies and cable TV shows.

I'll never go back because they kicked me in the *** as I was leaving. If you cancel Netflix, even if you paid for a full month just 2 days ago, you lose your whole month and can't finish the month you've already paid for.
  8. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,653   +51

I wish I had some money to invest in Netflix, I bet their stock shoots back up in no time.
  9. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

If they incorporated serious family friendly features they might just do better.
  10. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

I use netflix to stream on my phone so i can watch streaming movies on my phone. for 8 bucks a month thats not bad at all.
  11. I dumped them during this fiasco. I enjoyed the two options. i know know they needed more revenue for new content but they could have done it slowly or better yet, grandfathered existing customers. Had they done that, I would have stayed.

12. The guy is an ***** who doesn't understand why his own company is successful. Of course he can't fix it. It was his ideas that broke it in the first place.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.