Netflix signs content deal with Miramax

By Emil
May 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Netflix and Miramax today announced a multi-year agreement under which Netflix members in the US will be able to instantly watch some of the motion pictures from the Miramax film…

Read the whole story
  2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

i wonder when they're gonna roll out surround sound for the PC customers. that's the only missing piece of puzzle i am surprised they haven't done that yet. does Netflix automatically assume that every PC users don't have good speakers? have they heard of HTPC?
  3. Chazz

Chazz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 622   +56

But I've watched good will hunting on netflix via internet streaming so I'm a bit confused. Has netflix been streaming this illegally?
  4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

Why would they limit surround sound support to just PC users when the PS3 and 360 both can handle DTS and Dolby Digital? I would imagine it more likely comes down to to bandwidth and trying bundle a 5.1 and 2.0 audio signal together with video and keeping them in sync. I've noticed with just stereo, the audio coming slightly out of sync occasionally when my internet connection gets bogged down.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.