Netflix signs movie deal with Disney, Pixar, Marvel

By Rick
Dec 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Netflix and Disney struck a deal yesterday which will allow Netflix subscribers to enjoy content from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Pixar Animation Studios and DisneyNature. Unfortunately, the bulk of the Netflix-Disney deal won't take effect until 2016 but...

Read more
  2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,284   +231

This shows just how big streaming has gotten over the recent years. For Netflix to get that exclusivity on first run showings, rather than the typical premium cable channels, that's quite a coup!
  3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Good move for Netflix.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,861   +344

Might be worth paying for again, had to stop because half the things I ever wanted to watch would be DVD only.
  5. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Now if only netflix could get some of that behind the scenes action, but that would probably be useless and unnecessary >_>
  6. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,044   +37

Netflix 'bout lost me when they took off Ancient Aliens (dont need to give me a lecture on it, I just find it entertaining even if they bend the truth a little)

...I'm lingering on for now, because I still like to watch reruns of certain shows... just not all the time, Netflix!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.