TechSpot

Netflix strikes deal with Disney and ABC

By Emil
Dec 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Netflix has announced a new licensing agreement with Disney-ABC Television Group. Netflix will soon be able to stream hundreds of episodes from the ABC Television Network, Disney Channel, and ABC Family over the Internet. Relevant programming will appear on Netflix at least 15 days after initial telecast. After that, episodes can be streamed instantly with Netflix memberships starting at $8 per month. While the agreement encompasses hundreds of TV episodes, both new and old, it's i...

Read the whole story

2. That's great to hear more media company's coming to Netflix. Slowly gettting more content,which is good thing and closer to hulu.But still have a ways to go..Atleast I know the rate increase is going for more content and not a raise for the CEO or other management.

3. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Keep it up Netflix =)

4. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 195

Netflix is really trying to get everyone on board. Good to see a company expand like this, and get more partners, which ends up providing end uers with more content.

5. This is a really good move for consumers. It looks like Netflix is working to become the "cable tv" of the internet. I'm sure the Comcast's of the world don't like this.

6. taea00

taea00 TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

I hope Netflix strikes up more deals like this. Oh darn two weeks. Who cares soon people will be standing around the water cooler saying "Did you see that new episode on Netflix last night?"

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.