Netflix to deliver Adult Swim, Cartoon Network content in March

By Shawn Knight
Jan 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Netflix has signed new licensing deals with Turner Broadcasting and Warner Bros. Television Group that will provide the streaming video service with a wealth of new content for its paid subscribers. New programming is schedule to arrive on March 30...

Read more
  2. Here's to hoping for The Venture Bros and Metalocaplyse!
    davislane1, tehbanz and Phraun like this.
  3. j05hh

j05hh Newcomer, in training Posts: 91   +15

Yes! I love Robot Chicken!!!
  4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

If Microsft were smart, they would buy netflix now, and work out all the content rights with all the major studios and give customers what they want. but we all know Microsoft isn't smart, and netflix has about as much bargaining power as a lost kid in the candy store. so we customers are left to wait until the ocean runs dry, and polar bears die.
  5. Phraun

Phraun Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

Netflix, getting NEW content that might actually be worth watching? I never thought I'd see the day.
  6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 904   +72

Awww, I wanted Cowboy Bebop.

And what's up with Disney getting friendly with their licenses? They used to hold their property under the strongest lock and key. Now they're friendly to consumers?! Must have put some smarter folk in big chairs there.

I'd watch the Chuck series again. Good show.
  7. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 563   +96

Children's Hospital! A little late with the episodes though ..
  8. Renrew

Renrew TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 223   +16

Good, looks like I'll actually keep Netflix.
  9. If only Netflix would create a Linux client...
  10. There are plenty of ways to watch Netflix on a Linux distribution, but I'll let you Google that for yourself.
  11. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

WOOT!! It may not have all my favorites on that list but its a good step in the right direction :D>
  12. cmbjive

cmbjive TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 364   +55

13. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 904   +72

Well, that's just odd! Maybe its because I only have Netflix Streaming? I searched for "Cowboy Bebop" and I don't see it as a show that's available to watch. But there's plenty of other cowboy movies, even black and white films going back to the mid 1900's.

14. cmbjive

cmbjive TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 364   +55

You know what, I was thinking of "Samurai Champloo". Don't ask me how I got that confused with Cowboy Bebop. I'm at work so I'm not smoking anything...
  15. 666 Park Avenue, really now lol

Good to see some classics coming in. I would absolutely love for the hanna-barbera classics to be out on it. I think I heard that cartoon network let their contract expire with those cartoons. Either way, I'd love paying for netflix just for that feature than getting digital cable just to have boomerang, which deoesn't come with the basic packages I've seen so far :(
  16. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 452   +53

Only in the US of A though, huh? Rest of the Internet world can suck lemons.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.