TechSpot

Netflix to launch multiple user profiles: tailored movie, TV suggestions coming your way

By David Tom
Jun 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. If you are the owner of a Netflix account, then chances are that you're not the only one benefitting from the subscription. You probably share this service with your spouse, friends, or family. The big problem with this is that...

Read more

2. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Enthusiast Posts: 235   +53

It's about time. It's embarrassing that it took them so long...

My top 10 recommended movies are -- Pinky Dinky Do, My little Pony, etc., etc. And once in a while I feel like watching something... naughty, I have to worry about what will show up on the "Most recently watched" list.

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,128   +731

yeah they needed to update that interface. Whenever my daughter would watch something during the day and I wanted to watch something at night, I'd have to search for it again. 'Recently watched' only showed the single most recently watched show. Going into the history takes longer than just searching.

not to mention all the recommendations are completely useless.

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 903   +52

I'd be happy if they would show new arrivals again and got rid of the recommendations all together.

5. Amigosdefox

Amigosdefox TS Enthusiast Posts: 121   +10

Hopefully this will solve the embarrassment of having my Facebook timeline show that I have been watching Glee all afternoon.

6. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 584   +33

Haven't used Netflix in a while. Have they included parental controls yet? That's what's holding me back in some respects.

MrAnderson likes this.
  7. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Progress ... this is cool.

Timonius, I think with the profile system it will be easier to place parental controls or at least monitor what each profile has been watching. If they don't rollout something like this eventually and soon... then why bother.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.