Netgear offers N750 wireless dual band gigabit router for $180

By Emil
Apr 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Netgear today announced worldwide availability of the N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4000), the company's latest top of the line product. The IPv6-ready Netgear N750 is now available worldwide from major retailers in the US for $180.

Read the whole story
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

I think I want one...
  3. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TS Guru Posts: 451   +37

I definitely need one for my gaming PC. Have a router for everything else and then this BEAST for my gaming PC...
  4. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Guru Posts: 394   +81

Why wouldn't you have a direct line into your gaming pc and the router for everything else?
  5. IPv6... nice. Looks great on paper. Will have to see if they deliver in quality.
  6. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 544

Where are the antennae? Does this router even have any "non-built in" ones? How can it withstand such performance despite not having a "tower-antenna"?

Because streaming tonnes of video like mentioned in the article is sure to be a bit demanding. And usually, wireless routers come with (sometimes multiple) "tower-antennae" to cope with the immense radio-traffic.
  7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

Damn it! just got a N3500 :( oowww well, to be honest its identical to this but not duel band so no big loss there :) and Netgear have already said they are rolling out IPv6 firmware to currently supported routers so I have no worries really :) I'm just glad it has Gigbit LAN, has improved file transfers considerbly.
  8. GunsAblazin

GunsAblazin TS Rookie Posts: 75