Netgear router help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a netgear mr814 v2 router and i am having trouble configuring the router when i do wizard it says i have a pphp internet connection and asks for login and password i entered the login details i use for my broadband and then it asks for my ip and my server ip how do i find out my server ip and what is pphp?
please someone

Tell us where you are and we might be able to give some specific advise!
You should have been given the values you need by your ISP - have you asked them?

PPPoE= Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet...

I really think trayde made a mistake, unless he is in another part of the World outside of the usual Western influences

trayde said:
i have a netgear mr814 v2 router and i am having trouble configuring the router when i do wizard it says i have a pphp internet connection and asks for login and password i entered the login details i use for my broadband and then it asks for my ip and my server ip how do i find out my server ip and what is pphp?
please someone

The router will setup using default values depending on your initial selecting of what type of Internet connection you have. Examples are ADSL, Cable or Dialup. No Password or user name should be necessary

trayde

I use a Netgear WGR614v6 wireless router...

Type in 192.168.1.1 in your browser window. The Netgear login should appear. User Name: admin Password: password

First Page, enter info exactly as noted:

Does your Internet Connection Require a Login?

Type NO (This is where you made your mistake answering YES)

Account Name: MR814v2(you can leave this blank if it is)

Internet IP Address
select "Get Dynamically from ISP"

Domain Name Server Address
select "Get Automatically from ISP"

This should be all you need to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back