Netgear WG311v3 PCI Wireless Adapter Causes hardware failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Netgear WG311v3 PCI Wireless Adapter Causes hardware failure

--------------------------

Ok so I have been trying to get this problem resolved for a while...I have no idea how to ... I have tried everything imagineable...I KNOW the error is with the adapter only...

It causes random BSOD and random Restarts, I can only use the adapter for like 2 hours if I am not using %100 network activity, if idling, If I am using high network resources...20 - 30 mins

I have browed all other TechSpot forums for ALL related material and did not see a solution

Also checked dozens of other forums, netgear knowledge base, microsoft, tech forums, e.t.c.

Can not find a solution...

Did memtest ALL HARDWARE TEST IMAGINABLE

everything...

it is in the adapter itself, that much is know...but does anyone know why

(and yes I have the latest drivers and emailed netgear)

PLZ HELP!!!!

Thank You,
Aarron Bittick
thehaven@inbox.com

it is in the adapter itself, that much is know...but does anyone know why
could be a plain DOA (dead on arrival). It happens a lot. especially once you start mass producing something...

get a RMA from netgear, or replacement from the shop you got it from.

Yes thank goodness IRQ conflicts have gotten so much easier to resolve. Aaron hasn't said what he sees in the Device Manager

Hey This Is Aarron

Sorry ... but techspot lost all my information for some reason and would not let me log in or recover password....so I made this new account

Anyway I have tried the PCI slot change and the IRQ assignments, even disabled unnessacery irq assignment like my parralel printer port and the com port not in use...I have plenty of open possiabilities fo IRQ assignment...
and all ends in the same thing...work perfectly for a while and then doom!!!...LOL

pLEASE HELP!!!

Aarron Bittick

Hi Aarron
After all this, it has to be either a bad adapter or incompatible hardware.
Can you try the adapter in another PC?

Yep...

Yeah I thought of that already too....works perfectly 3 days straight

And my Motherboard is fine....

ARGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not accept defeat...not until there is a %100 Thourough resolution

thanks for helping guys...will check back later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back