Network acting strange

I'll explain as best I can but my description skills is not that great.

I noticed ever since I got a slight upgrade to my bandwidth from 10dl 1ul to 20dl 2ul, my online games have been having these weird "hiccups", for instance lets say I'm running left and for a second or two I'll keep going that way and everyone else around me seems to go the way they were running while this hiccup happens like my computer stroked out for a bit then regained itself, this happens randomly it seems so I can't figure out why.

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
MSI P67A-C43 (MS-7673)
x2 Corsair DDR3 4096 MBytes
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 SE (301.24)
(NO OC)

Its possible your game is set for the lower network perfomance settings, check if there are any special settings dealing with connection or bandwidth. Just wondering, is the game League of Legends? because if it is, its a server side issue.

One of the guys I game with had the same issues... Ended up being a program in the background chewing up cpu time for like 3 seconds. Check how many programs are running in the background by opening task manager. For a more detailed list of whats running all the time on your system try process explorer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx great lil program to let you digg down & watch whats running on your system. Also check & make sure your system isn't running an antivirus scan when you are playing games online. Lastly, if you are gaming on a wifi connection - STOP! Wireless connections & gaming online just don't mix - too much lagg. Hope this helps, take care!

Back