TechSpot

Network adapter acting funny

By ramonsterns
Dec 16, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello again, guys.

The computer we built is running in tip-top shape except for one problem that just started popping up. Whenever I start the computer it will say it is connected to home and an "unidentified network" but will completely cut-off my access to the internet.

I'd do some troubleshooting of my own and I'd find that the network adapter was disabled and the issue wouldn't get fixed until I disabled said "unidentified network" and enabled the adapter.

After that it doesn't bother me much, but I really wish it would stop doing that.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

This a wireless adapter, correct? Did you set it to receive your secured router signal?

3. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 744   +12

No, wired.

4. mailpup

If you haven't already, install the latest LAN/NIC driver available for your motherboard.

5. ramonsterns

They're supposed to be up to date

6. mailpup

Could you clarify that? When you say, "supposed to be..," what do you mean? Do you know for certain the latest drivers are installed? Just asking.

7. ramonsterns

Went to device manager, asked it to update, gave me this.

8. mailpup

I would still go the motherboard manufacturer's site and get the latest driver available and install it. Uninstall the old one through Programs and Features first. Beyond that I have no suggestions.