Network adapter keeps disabling itself

Amaze

HI, Ive been tring to fix someones computer over the past week, and have ran into countless issues with it lol.

recently someone on this forum help me clean the malware off of it (we are still in the process of cleaning it up) and I noticed that the network adapter continually disables itself. I have only been able to observe this change if I let the pc sit for over 5-10 minutes, then when I come back, the internet has been severed, and I asm unable to reconnect. The only way I am able to reconnect is through a full reboot.

I tried modifying the services under regedit to automatically restart if the service is stop for some reason.

thank you for the help

Until you are declared "clean" by the Virus and Malware helpers, it is inadvisable to attempt any other repairs concurrently. It will definitely upset the helpers.

Ok, he just said that may be a topic for another thread- so I assumed he wanted me to start a new one for it- will post when I'm quarantined lol

Okay. I understand what happened. He just wasn't totally clear.

A few things to try:
1. Go to Mfg support website and locate the latest driver for the adapter
2. Next, look in Ctl Panel->Programs and Features, find the entry for the net adapter and uninstall it
3. Now reinstall the driver on the mfg website
4. Also check if any newer firmware available for your router
5. Google Windows 7 disable IPv6 and disable IPv6 on your machine

Ok, uninstalled, installed the mfg driver, and disabled the IPv6

my router is all good

:D

still doing it lol

Like I said, it only tends to do this when I leave it alone for 10-15 minutes....

I made sure it wasn't the power saver management setting.....nor anything under power options

<snip>
I made sure it wasn't the power saver management setting.....nor anything under power options

Just to be absolutely certain, you mean you rt clicked the adapter in DevMgr->Properites->PowerManagment Tab and you checked option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"?

HI, Ive been tring to fix someones computer over the past week, and have ran into countless issues with it lol.

recently someone on this forum help me clean the malware off of it (we are still in the process of cleaning it up) and I noticed that the network adapter continually disables itself. I have only been able to observe this change if I let the pc sit for over 5-10 minutes, then when I come back, the internet has been severed, and I asm unable to reconnect. The only way I am able to reconnect is through a full reboot.

I tried modifying the services under regedit to automatically restart if the service is stop for some reason.

thank you for the help
if you have a dedicated network key, check it.
since you have cleaned it recently from possible malware problen, try to reinstall your network driver.

Just to be absolutely certain, you mean you rt clicked the adapter in DevMgr->Properites->PowerManagment Tab and you checked option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"?

yes exactly, well I unchecked it- I also made sure inside the power options (for laptop-battery) there wasnt anything hindering the network adapter plugged in or not.

I uninstalled the network adapter and the driver, and reinstalled them via the mfg website. (Realtek RTL8188CE WLAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC)

tried deleting the network from saved list, and reconnected to it with the key.....

again it works fine until idle for 10-15 minutes.

This was moments after the internet went out again....
this was logged at 2:33 PM
I pulled the pc out of idle at 2:35 PM

Let's prove your TCP settings are ok.

Get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt
Attach that file to your reply. Meanwhile also perform these tests:
  • ping 8.8.8.8
  • ping google-public-dns-a.google.com
both of these should return timing data and not timeout

Post#13 above is a simple timeout which shows why you can access dns.msftncsi.com

"my router is all good"

check also if you have changed some router settings such that some wireless connections have limited timed connections.

if you have other wireless devices (tablets, other laptops, desktops with usb wifi, phones) you can try to connect them to your router to see if the disconnecting wifi scenario is duplicated.

Back