TechSpot

Network adaptor turning off

By Ace630
Dec 4, 2007
  1. I know I posted this in the motherboard forum but i now see there is a network forum to post it in so I thought it would be more sensible to post it here
    I have a wireless linksys network adaptor model WUSB54G ver 4
    Now it has been working fine for years but recently it has been turning itself off
    Now this seems to only happen in vista as i have another partion for xp and it never turns itself off on it
    The adaptor had worked fine on vista for a couple of months then out of nowhere it started turning off
    I had recently installed new drivers for it so i uninstalled them and installed the old drivers but with no effect
    I then tried a clean installion of vista again but still with no effect
    When it does turn off i can plug it inot another usb port and it will work fine but it still will turn itself off
    What I would like to know is, is there a problem with my usb ports or is this a vista problem or the adaptors problem

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,095   +592

most NIC configurations have a Power feature to allow
    disabling power or performing a awake-up. turn all of this OFF

3. Ace630

Ace630 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

I checked it all and all of it was off
    I checked every usb port but only the ones the i plug the network adaptor turn off

Edit: Also up until a couple of months downloading torrents was fine until one day the speed went right down and now the speed of any torrent will get about 5k/b
    I tried different clients and different torrents and nothing
    I also tried downloading one on the computer that is connected to the router through a network cable and that will go at proper speed

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.