Network connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ,

I recently had BSOD problem, I used systemclean and ad-adware to cleanup trojan (qqd.sys) .

Ad-adware went ahead and removed infected file even before OS starts.

After this, I am unable to connect to internet either through wireless or Wired (LAN). It says limited or no connection with IP address starting with 169.***.

There is no problem from network, Modem and router as I am able to connect to internet through the same setup using a different computer.

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,
-Sidhi

169.154.... for a guess. Yeah that usually means a buggered ip.
have you tried, in a command prompt:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

check the new settings. Check the DHCP server, see if they are what they are supposed to be. DHCP should be the ip of your local router, if indeed you've set it up for that.

If you suspect that your cleanup has caused it, maybe try reinstalling TCP/IP from add/remove windows components.

Any IP address starting with 169. means that no DHCP server can be found or its not serving addresses correctly.

Quickest solution is to just manually assign an IP in the same range as your router, although this wont cure the underlying issue it should get you back on the net.

Other than that as k.jacko says you need to check all your DHCP settings.

Have I missed something here? Surely if the thing was OK before adaware cleaned things up, then the most likely candidate is some sort of issue with the firewall settings?
If the router has a firewall running, leave it as it will be more effective than anything on the PC. If there is anything on the PC, disable it - you can always put it back if either you don't like the advice or I am wrong!
Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot guys.

Hi ,

With all your valuable suggestions, I could able to get back my system to connect to internet.

The problem was with the TCP/IP protocal settings, so I had to reset TCP/IP protocal settings to initial state.

Now my Ethernet connection is able to connect Internet, however I could not able to connect to internet via wireless ( I may have to spend some time on how to do this).

I was able to do this by a free tool, TCP/IP repair tool.

Regards,
-Sidhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back