TechSpot

Network Controller drivers?

By elektrisk
Jun 11, 2009
  1. I have an HP Pavilion dv6326us notebook whose original OS is Windows Vista. I formatted my harddrive and reinstalled Xp. The installation went well but I am missing some drivers. I'm trying to get the required drivers to connect to the internet and I think I have most of them, I just need this one.

Screenshot:
    http://i39.tinypic.com/ogdkjc.jpg

Any help would be great. I can't find htis anywhere, probably because the name is so vague.

EDIT: I have already checked HP's website. I did not find anything for it. I connected my modem directly to my laptop (for a temporary fix), but it just says the connection is limited. How can I fix this?

EDITEDIT: I ran 'Unknown Devices' and it says that the Detected Chip Vender for 'Network Controller' is Broadcom Corp, and that the OEM Vender is HP.

2. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

Get back to the screen posted in your screenshot, and click the details tab...
    You should see information that will be on the order of (but probably different)...
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27018086&REV_05\4&16793A72&0&48F0

In my case the VEN/DEV numbers points to
    Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

These numbers will allow you to find the correct driver.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.