Network ethernet not working

By sabanknight
May 16, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My network is enabled and pluged in and in the network connections it shows the internet listed but I cannot connect to the internet. However for my wireless card when enabled it sees the network and lets me use the internet. I have updated drivers and checked the firewall but still no luck any sugestions?

I am using xp pro sp3 and my motherboard (VIA Rhine II ethernet is integrated) is a model P4M266A-8235
  2. junieb72

junieb72 Newcomer, in training

hi what sort of internet service to you have there buddy? have you checked for the settings given to you by your ISP? What sort of error do you see whenever you open your browser? :)
  3. Lanarkshire IT

Lanarkshire IT Newcomer, in training Posts: 54

hi there

compare the tcp /ip settings from both your wired and wireless settings and see whats different.

ipconfig /all from a command prompt will tell you this

also the fact that your wired is showing as connect but not displaying webpages might indicate DNS probs. get this info from your ISP.

Hope that helps
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.