Network is connected and pinging, but no Internet working

Right now, I am on my laptop which is working fine on my own network and is wireless. My desktop which is wired to the router, says that it is connected to the internet and is receiving and sending packets. On the desktop, I have pinged Google and says that it can be pinged, but when I try and connect to it with Google chrome, Mozilla and internet explorer, it just doesn't connect to it. I have not been shaped and I have heaps of GB. The internet is absolutely fine and works on the all pcs except I cannot view sites on my desktop. All sites I can ping, but not reachable on my browsers. When I run diagnostics on windows, It says there are no problems with my network. My firewalls allow the browsers to connect. I can connect to the router, but nothing else. There are no ip conflicts and all network configurations are automatically obtained. I have reset my router but does no difference. I have made sure nothing is stopping my browsers. I am currently with Bigpond
I'm running windows Vista and my router is a Technicolor TG587n v3

Router info
w.w.w.technicolorbroadbandpartner.com/dsl-modems-gateways/products/product-detail.php?id=228 (remove the dots in www at the start)

Do you have a data link light on the back of the computer? Also, disable your firewall program and connect. If that doesn't work, check on the compatibility of your security pack. A lot of the security packs cause problems, you may have to uninstall the 3rd party software firewall and reinstall it.

Also try resetting your I.P. Address.

Resetting IP in Windows XP

In Windows XP, use the following steps to reset the Internet Protocol:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type cmd
4. Click Ok
5. In the Black Command Box Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
6. Hit Enter Key
7. Restart the computer and try to log in and browse the Internet. If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
8. Click Start
9. Click Run
10. Type cmd
11. Click Ok
12. In Black Command Box Type: netsh winsock reset
13. Hit Enter Key
14. Restart Computer

Also Try Resetting IE8 to Default Options

Click Tools Tab
Click Internet Options at bottom
Click Advanced Tab on far right
Click Reset near bottom