Network nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

triiifashions

well the sorta good news is i have just aquired wild blue high speed internet

the bad news is i have screwed my network up!!!

took me awhile to figure out that i had to disable internet on network adapter one before network adapter (hereafter being called NA), two would process the internet signal correctly

now however ......

on network adapter two (which contains my LAN ) i can only see my computer and one other out of four! i can acess the one computer and my LAN cams but two of the other computers i cannot see(on workgroup computers).SO....
the hard ware and the connections are working because i can see the LAN cam that is on the end of the wire. but two of the computers on the network i cannot see

all other computers on the LAN can acess each other

but they cannot access mine
and i cannot access them(except for the one)

so i can see me and one out of four

PLEASE HELP

thanks in advance!!!

whoa.....

need to be clearer about some of your information.

Please refer to your net devices by some unique names so readers know what facts apply to what devices. Also please identify the operating systems running on each of your four computers

/******* Edit **********/
You can also look at this link: Troubleshooting: XP File and Printer Sharing, Computers not found?. I just cleaned up Part1 of the Guide. Use it to clear up visibility problems. Probably have new version of Part3 on access issues ready shortly

when i set ip i lose network

so i have disconnected all of network except one computer

i have the wild blue router hooked into my linksys router then hooked into my computer the network computer is hooked to router also

i have my computer set to obtain ip auto in the network adapter settings

the networked computer can see both

however.....

when i have the networked computer set to obtain auto ip i can get the internet but no network

when i set the ip i get network and no internet!!!!!

im lost

i thought i had a fair knowledge of networking...........i dunno!

Let's see....So you have disconnected everything but one computer

And linksys router is hooked into computer the network computer is hooked into also. So you have two computers hooked into your router (when everything but one computer disconnected you say?)

And one is a network computer and the other (other of one, i take it?) hooked to your router but is not your network computer. Hooked into the router and not your network computer I guess cuz you cant’ connect it to your network? What??? :confused:

Network computer can see both… both what? The two routers and non-network computer. or is that three?" 2 out of 3?
Gee that’s three or do you mean…?????????

Is dfficult to give any meaningful answer when can’t read what you’re saying.. Or maybe it's just me. But you’re not at all being clear and consistent in what you say

oh and knowing which router and how you actually hook to the internet would be nice too

Let's see....So you have disconnected everything but one computer

And linksys router is hooked into computer the network computer is hooked into also. So you have two computers hooked into your router (when everything but one computer disconnected you say?)

And one is a network computer and the other (other of one, i take it?) hooked to your router but is not your network computer. Hooked into the router and not your network computer I guess cuz you cant’ connect it to your network? What??? :confused:

Network computer can see both… both what? The two routers and non-network computer. or is that three?" 2 out of 3?
Gee that’s three or do you mean…?????????

if u had read the first thread??!!???................

i dont think i really need YOUR help!!!!!!

i have two computers a router and wild blue internet

how hard is that????!?!?!?!?

if u cant understand that i dont think u can help me anyway

anybody else???

please??

Is dfficult to give any meaningful answer when can’t read what you’re saying.. Or maybe it's just me. But you’re not at all being clear and consistent in what you say

oh and knowing which router and how you actually hook to the internet would be nice too

I hope you get the help you're looking for.

Tho, with all the posts/replies going on in all the other threads since you started this thread, you might ask if there's a reason no one has tried directly answering your questions for help.

In any case, best of luck.

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back