Network problem - xp home can't read xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wireless network works ony one way. My laptop with xp home can't read my shared files on my desktop with xp pro. I can access all files on my wireless laptop from my desktop. The laptop sees the desktop but when I try accessing files I get the meesage that the files are inaccessible, permission denied.

What Firewall are you running?

Have you run the Network Wizard {in Control panel} on both machines and turned on File & printer sharing?

make sure the folders on the xp pro computer have the right permissions set. this would be a feature you do not have in xp home and explain the one way behavior.

busht said:
My wireless network works ony one way. My laptop with xp home can't read my shared files on my desktop with xp pro. I can access all files on my wireless laptop from my desktop. The laptop sees the desktop but when I try accessing files I get the meesage that the files are inaccessible, permission denied.

Under My Network Places can you see your pcs on your network? How do you logon to the laptop with the same user name and password? You might have to add the user name and password to your users and groups for admin rights to gain access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back