Network upload limit capping utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick, just to clarify- YOU want to set the limits, is that correct? It's going to make a difference in which browser you use:

Here's one for Firefox:
3_ffthrottle1.jpg

Read about it and download from here: Firefox Throttle.

Hi Bobbye,

Thanks for the tip but what i am looking for is to put a cap on the upload limit from that machine. Let's say i am running torrent to upload or limewire or anything for that matter.
I heard people saying that there are softwares available to do this but i am just looking for a name to check it out.
Any help will be greatlly appriciated my friend.

Patrick

Patrick, you are saying you want to put a cap on the upload. But then you go on to reference 'torrent or limewire' or similar programs. It sound more like you want to go over the cap that the ISP has on you.

It isn't making any sense that "you" want to cap yourself!

Hi Bobbye,

This is the story every now and then my network ground to a hault and when i spoke to the isp they say i reached the up load limit. But the problem is i know that none of my machines are sending any upload. So my isp said try to put a upload limit on the machines so that if there is a faulty machine which is sending large packets out can't affect the other machine.

So here i am trying to find a program that will control the upload limits.

I hope i made it little bit clear for you.

Patrick

they say i reached the up load limit

Patrick, if your system is reaching this cap and you think you are not intentionally using up the allowed time, then you need to find out what it! The best was to limit the extra activity is to find it and fix it. I seriously doubt it is a 'faulty machine' but rather what is on it!

That begins with seeing if you have malware that might be accessing the internet. For that: Follow this:

https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

There is some problem though- there are no trained malware helpers available to review the logs. That does not mean you can't follow the steps yourself and see what turns up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back