Networked Printer issue (Brother 8840D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Our office has a Brother 8840D printer attached to the network (a network of about8 computers, 3 of which should be able to print from this particular printer). About six weeks ago it inexplicably quit working from one computer. Printing from the other computers were unaffected. I was able to solve this problem by re-installing the printer software on the computer that would not print.

Now, the printer will no longer print again. Additionally, the other two computers cannot print either. I have tried re-installing the software, and the system is able to do so without problems, but no documents will print from the printer.

I even tried adding the printer using XP's "add printer" feature, but the printer no longer shows up as one of my choices (it used to).

All of the computers are running XP Professional. The printer quit in the middle of printing a large document, and has been unable to restore printing.

There is a "Reset Printer" option on the machine, but I am hesitant to try it for fear of messing up the working fax function.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

Is the a network printer, ie connected via RJ45 and CAT5 cable, or is plugged into a machine via either USB or Parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back