Networking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanc6

Hello, well, I have this problem with my networking. I have the Belkin Wireless B+MIMO Broadband router. I use wired connection for my desktop and wireless for my laptop, now the problem comes with my PS3, for most games I could use wireless connection with no problems, for example, Call Of Duty 4, Midnight Club, Guitar Hero, WWE, and some other games I could play online wireless. But I can't when I want to play Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 online, I could play it wired but not wireless. When I try to play it this is what appears:

"Unable to transmit using UDP port 3658. You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device i.e. router settings etc.
Assing DMZ, Port Mapping, Configure NAT Table and other router settings to the PS3 system. Individual products may use unique terminology."

I'm guessing (since I really don't know much about this) that the router isn't powerful enough to play this game online. Can anybody give me some help with this? If there's any solution to this besides buying a better router for it or something. I will appreciate it.

Regards.

When I try to play it this is what appears:

"Unable to transmit using UDP port 3658. You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device i.e. router settings etc.

each game can use its own ports; ie for every game there can be a unique port requirement :(

You need to log into the router admin page and port forward 3658 to the ip address
of the system running the game. HINT; you're going to need fixed (or static) IP addresses

Well, since i don't know much about networking I have no clue of fixed IP addresses, nor logging in to the router's admin page... wouldn't be better to buy another router or it will show the same message? Thank you.

the issue is how you are using the router and gaming devices, not the router itself --
you would need to perform the same operation regardless of the brand name.

That said, there are some games that avoid ALL of this; I'm thinking of Xbox vis Xbox360. As I recall, all games on theXbox360 avoid the need for port forwarding.

I'm kind of getting it, if I want to forward this port, how do I know if I have a fixed IP address?

btw: you may also need to allow outbound traffic in your firewall.
XP doesn't care but Vista does and any 3rd party firewall will too regardless of the OS.

FIXED IP: you set it in the NIC card settings. If you did not (which is quiet normal)
then you're using DHCP.

I did the forwarding of all the ports that were required by the game, and still can't make it work. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back