Networking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, hey I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this:

My problem is that i want to set up my static ip but i cant set up my ip if it shows this

Untitled-1.jpg

the 10.1.1.3 etc i cant make an ip out of them.
if you know where i'm getting at?

your fixed IP address must be in the range set by the DHCP server - this looks as if it starts at 10.1.1.2 or 10.1.1.3.

I would think the easiest thing would be to copy these addresses, and type it in the same as a fixed ip, then the router will already have this computer configured with this ip and all should run ok.

Unless you need a particular address?

It is odd - usually local networks run in the range of 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 and up. I suspect that someone has changed the ranges in the DHCP settings on the router which is why they are not as usual. NO matter - if it works, don't break it by fixing it. If there is a need for a specific IP address which is not in these ranges it must be for another network on another router, perhaps?

yea your probably right Albert. maybe was setup for a bigger network or someting. But like you say if it works it works.

If you really have trouble with it you can always change it in the router setup, but there doesnt seem any need.

it really doesn't matter which of the non-routable addresses you use on your LAN :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back