networking problems-Need help-

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am trying to setup a small home network with three computers all running windows XP pro. i am using a d-link di-604 router/switch and i cant get any of the computers to connect to each other any suggestions on how to get this to work???

Make sure the firewalls in XP are all off and that all the PC's are in the same workgroup. Then try to search for each computer name. Share a folder on each of the Pc's and see if they show up in the Network folder.

If you looked for ipconfig /all and it didn't come up with anything, then your not connected to your router/gateway properly. I'm assuming you used the software that came with the router/gateway to install it?

Trouble with DI-604

Hi, I'm having the same problem with DI-604, and Windows XP. (I haven't tried it on the other computer I'm trying to also connect with, but when entering the Router's IP address (to configure) (in this case 198.162.0.1), It didn't work, and wouldn't bring anything up, I had to enter the Subnet Mask (198.162.0.2) and that took me hour to figure out!!! :p
Now with being able use the setup program, I still can't get connectivity on the Windows XP computer, no software came with the router and it's working fine, I'm just wondering if anyone has any insights to the problem???
(I don't want to start drilling holes (to the other computers) before I figure this out
Thanks for any help
Trance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back