New 22" monitor no 1680 x 1050 display settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman4201

So I just bought a new monitor for my comp and when I go to the control panel display setting I only have 2 options 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 and there is no option for 1680x 1050 which my new monitor supports. Am guessing my video chipset does not support 1680 x 1050 is that correct and should I go get a new video card. attached is my computer summary

Attachments

• Report.txt
    28.7 KB · Views: 6
Download and install latest drivers for monitor and graphics card. Right click on desktop, properties, settings, advanced, adapter tab, list all modes. If you do not see 1680 x 1050 I'm afraid you are SOL. How old is your computer and what kind of graphics adapter do you have?

From the looks of your system summary you do not have the correct driver for your video, you are running a generic driver that comes with windows. go to the hp web site to see if they have the correct driver for your pc.

gguerra - the Everest report posted by the poster (weird eh!) says " Hewlett-Packard 0A58h ".

If you looked it up, you would know more.

You might have to open the case to find out what video card your little server has. I'm going to assume that you hooked up the monitor to the computer and that you remember where you attached the monitor cable. I'm also going to assume that Server 2003 is really Windows XP Pro 64 bit edition. Did you attach the cable to a port on the motherboard or did you attach the cable to a port attached to a video card on the motherboard? If you attached the cable to the motherboard then you probably need to download and install this chipset driver which should include the video driver for your device.

If you have a seperate video card then you might try to have Windows look for an update driver for your device. If that doesn't work than you'll have to open the case and find out what video card you actually have and then download the driver.

Ahh following what CCT said you should probably follow my download link because you have attached the monitor cable to the motherboard.

CCT "Canuckistan" hehehehe

I wasn't speaking of his hardware. He is running a generic driver which will not give you anything except 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768, if your lucky. usually only 640 and 800

Cinders - the Everest report posted by the poster (weird eh!) says " Hewlett-Packard 0A58h ".

If you looked it up, you would know more.

gguerra - the Everest Report says he has only a standard VGA adapter - you think he can push that?

what cable are you using ?

For some reason my 22" Samsung will not do certain resolutions 1680x1050 being one of them if I use a analog cable. If I use a DVI cable there is not an issue.

Maybe 1680x1050 is a digital resolution ? Maybe I am just retarded :)

I'm going to assume that you hooked up the monitor to the computer and that you remember where you attached the monitor cable. I'm also going to assume that Server 2003 is really Windows XP Pro 64 bit edition.
Safe assumption, those 2 are nearly identical under the hood, which is why XP64 doesn't have SP3 but XP32 does. But maybe you already knew that in order to make your statement.

Yes I know that Windows XP Pro 64 bit is based on Windows Server 2003. I only mentioned that I thought Windows Server 2003 was actually Windows XP Pro 64 bit because Windows Server 2003 wasn't a possible selection in the driver download link I posted, and I wanted to answer the "Which driver do I use" question before it was actually asked. I wasn't trying to be rude just thorough. (I should not have used the word "rude", instead I should have used the words "a know it all")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back