New Asus ROG Tytan gaming PC transforms at the push of a button

By Rick
Jun 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Although many enthusiasts prefer the satisfaction of building their own PC, there's still a solid market for pre-fabbed gaming machines. Asus and a handful of other companies seem to understand...

Read the whole story
  2. So it shows a couple of what look like 60-80mm fans that dont appear to get any intake ventilation when closed up. Yea thats a great idea.

Complete and Total, Undeniable Waste of Money
  3. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Okay, that would be cool.
  4. They could of made mesh on the sides so the fans are used even when there closed. Kinda makes you have to leave them open all the time to get the best cooling.
  5. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 348   +37

Lies. Just cause its not very practical doesn't mean its not cool and unique. I just wonder if its as loud as it is awesome. There is a reason they don't have live audio.
  6. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Nice surround speaker :p

Retail PC's are more likely overpriced by wastes like these.
  7. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

3960x: ~$950
    690: ~$1000
    2X 128gb SSDs: ~$650
    The case: ~$500 for novelty
    Liquid cooling: ~$250
    2 TB HDD: ~$150
    16gb Ram (Doubtful that they'd use cheap stuff): ~$250
    Sonar: ~$90

That's about $3850 give or take depending on where they get the pieces. Most likely a 15% overhead for "professional" installation. That puts this baby at about $4430...again, give or take. Does anyone agree with my very very rough suggestions? This isn't even counting that blu ray burner nor the power supply that they'd need to run this beast.
  8. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 898   +98

Looking at at least $5000 there, and then you can add a 2nd 690 +$1000, more SSD +$1000, I wouldn't be surprised if the top tier unit is approaching the $8000 mark. All for something that would likely never be used to its full potential.
  9. that was the most ridiculous video I have ever seen, but then it was so stupid that I laughed. I was expecting the tower to turn into something complicated, I don't know why.
  10. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,536   +92

Best bit is the hand closed very flimsy looking front panel.
  11. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

That's a pretty cool idea if I'm trying to land that computer on an aircraft carrier.

12. Doctor John

Doctor John TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 247   +15

I reckon it's a pretty amusing bit of kit!

PS For goodness' sake don't take it near that aircraft carrier :D
  13. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,658   +57

lol at 5k+ why not get water cooling?
  14. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,489   +302

Can we get just the case? ... Please?!
  15. 2X 128gb SSDs: ~$650 . LOL are you out of your mind? the ocz vertex 3 are about 100 each lol
  16. baroquer

baroquer Newcomer, in training

Maybe SLC NAND.
  17. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 630   +116

I would think that the people who don't care for building their own rig would probably be the kind of people who like thins like this. So who knows, maybe a good move by Asus.
  18. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,038   +695

I think it's just a marketing strategy to get us to talk about ASUS. if they sell a few, that's a bonus.
  19. Yes, it transforms....... but does it blend?
  20. Eh, actually, it's almost critical that you run a computer in an enclosure - otherwise the fans are far less effective. A lot of folks think that out in the open does better cooling, but rather, airflow... having airflow is what keeps it cool enough.
  21. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Haha, yes. That front panel looks kind of iffy...
  22. 2 x 128gb ssds not 500 more like 200 or maybe less as its a bulk deal.
    This boz is one for the show-offs. Why not ? if you got the muliks go for it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.