New build been having lots of BSOD and at my wits end

Riftman

I recently upgraded my system by purchasing a new motherboard, cpu, power supply and ram. I did a fresh install of windows 7 and have been having a lot of strange problems. It seems like when I boot my computer from it being off overnight it blue screens but if it restarts a few times.. or into safe mode and then back to normal it runs fine.. its been very frustrating to try and track it down.

I have run driver verifier and numerous memtests.

I upgraded my processor to a AMD Phenom II 1090T
8 Gigs of Ram in 2 pairs of 2gigs
and a new m4a89GTD pro motherboard.

I am still using my nVidia 8800GTS

I have attached my 4 most recent Minidump files and I thank you all in advance for any advice!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    106.1 KB · Views: 4
Had some more crashes today. Mostly system service exceptions 03b but I did get some 07.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    129.1 KB · Views: 1
All of your minidumps points at various OS processes, however, two of them make me suspect your display driver at this moment, because the error is specifically occurring when a device driver is trying to 'free' the memory which is 'already free', and in one instance it was dxgkrn.sys.

What is the nVidia driver version you are using?

I believe they are the most updated drivers. 258.96 is what the system information says. Thank you for your help!

Sorry I missed one thing i.e. you are using Asus board, can you please verify that the RAM is configured correctly in your motherboard's BIOS as well?

The settings in BIOS (i.e. timing/voltage etc.) should exactly match with those on the RAM's box.

I just checked to make sure I had the setting right and as far as I can tell it matches what is listed on the ram. It is 4 sticks of ADATA DDR3 1600G. I do know that in the motherboard manual it lists 1600 as a speed the motherboard overclocks to. Regardless BIOS has it set t 1600 and 9 9 9 24 and the voltage is right in the middle of tolerance.

Can you please give me the details voltage as well?

Also, I believe this board has onbaord VGA, can you please switch to it for a while and see whether it helps? Before doing so please uninstall nVidia drivers, then turn off your PC, and pull out the graphic card, then restart and install ATI catalyst drivers.

The tolerance on the ram according to the label is 1.55 to 1.75 and its currently running at 1.65. I will install the ati drivers and try the onboard video.

Okay, if that alleviate the issue you'll have your suspect which need to be replaced.

If it doesn't I would suggest to fiddle around with your RAM's voltage (other setting should remain default as per RAM specs), may be you can push it up to 1.75 or try lowering to check whether it stabilizes the system.

Please keep updated about your progress.

I have taken out my nvidia card and installed the catalyst drivers. everything booted ok but I will know if that was the culprit when I start it tomorrow. Thank you for all your help!

Just got another BSOD owith a 07 on dxgmms1.sys. Is that a direct X driver?

Attachments

• 082010-24570-01.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
This crash was also caused by directx with 0x7E error.

Please be patient because this sort of issue can take some effort to fix.

Have you tried adjusting voltage as I suggested earlier?

Can you please run memtest, on each individual stick of RAM? Kindly do keep in mind some times memtest is not able to catch any issues even with faulty RAM.

Disable C1E in BIOS, and also disable any boost (for any hardware device) in BIOS (use standard or default only).

Also install this update from Microsoft for your OS.

I am now suspecting that RAM may be causing these issues here, and if memtest is still not able to find any issues when you run it on sticks individually, it would be prudent if you could find someone (perhaps a friend) to lend you a working RAM module to check whether that does away with the issue.

It booted ok today from cold start with the onboard video, going to try to run memtest again on each stick. If i need to I have the RAM from my old motherboard its 4 gigs on 4 sticks I think.

Ok, please do update things once you have gone through various suggestions I posted above.

Well when I ran the memtest on the individual sticks this time one of them posted alot of errors and has been replaced.. seems like that may have fixed it. Thanks again for all your help!

Back