New build, constant freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently built a new computer to upgrade for the next couple of years and have encountered a major problem: freezing. After the build for about 2 weeks I had no problems and then the freezing started. When the computer froze it caused the screen to freeze leaving whatever i was doing displayed on the monitor and a constant looping sound of the last note of whatever i was listening to. It would happen when I played video games such as Unreal Tournament 3 or Battlefield 2. I would try to watch movies and if the movie player was in full screen or a size close to taking up the screen it would freeze. If i ran multiple programs at once, i.e trillina, utorrent, Mozilla, a video game, lots of windows open, it is guaranteed to freeze. So I memtest'ed my RAM and the same freezing occurred almost instantly or shortly after starting the test. I looked at all my temperatures using the programs Speedfan and PC Probe II. Both have all temps in the green except for a SpeedFan "Core" temp of 51*C. With the temp gauges frozen on my screen after a routine freezing, none of the temps are out of the ordinary.

After countless freezing my original RAM dies and i can't even boot up and my sytem wouldn't post. I go to bestbuy and buy the cheapest RAM i could find: 1 GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz. I replace the other 2 sticks i have with the cheapo version and the same freezing occurs after a successful post and boot up. I send my Corsair RAM back to the manufacturer and have it replaced with new RAM. The new RAM checks out with a 1 hour memtest. I open multiple programs and the freezing occurs again.

I swap my video card with my buddies Geforce 7900 GT. My Geforce 8800 GTS works like a champ with no problems in his system. With the 7900 in my system the freezing continues.

I have swapped my 650w powersupply with a 1000w and the freezing took longer to happen but it eventually happened. So i send my 650w back to the manufacturer and have it replaced. Still freezing.

If i try to memtest the system right now, the system freezes. I haven't replaced my motherboard or processor yet but i decided to try these forums in hopes one of you with much more experience with this than I could help me out. My system specs should be listed at the top. What do I do next?

(disclaimer: I am apologizing in advance if i posted this in the wrong spot, broke some forum rule about having a post thats too long, or was too noob and didn't post something vitally important about my system that was needed. Please bear with me. This is my first post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back