New build need opinions

So i been asking and picked what i thought was best for a "Gaming Computer"
here's what i got:

Motherboard:
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 No SLI though would you guy's recommend SLI?

CPU:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition I thought this ones the best quad core out there since the six core CPU's aren't very much needed as no game uses 6 cores.

GPU:
EVGA 01G-P3-1373-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked EE 1GB

RAM:
G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3

CASE:
COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel

POWER SUPPLY: i currently have a 550W power supply i could just switch over, instead of buying a new one.

What do you guy's think about this setup for a gaming computer, think it will last me for a while? Comments and Suggestions Appreciated!!! THANKS!

PS: i had links to go with the hardware but i'm new so it wouldn't let me post it. I will be buying everything from newegg

Who made your power supply? Also, I have the HAF-922 and for a mid-tower it is very roomy. It isn't that much smaller than my old full tower Thermaltake Xaser II which is a beast that I swear was made out of old WW II tank plating.

I would seriously consider upgrading that PSU to 600's to 700's range. I think the 400 series of cards needs minimum 500 or 550w PSU....that doesn't give you much breathing room.

Looks good but as others have said, a good quality power supply is needed. 600W-700W and a +12 rail with at least 46a - 52a or so.

Nice choices. However, I feel that you should seriously consider getting an SLI board. The simple addition of a second GTX 460 a year or two down the line would definitely ensure that your PC handles anything that's thrown at it.

And I agree with the others on the PSU.

Back