ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti GPU
    2x4Gb G.Skill Ripjaws Ram DDR3 1600
    Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750w PSU

Using HD from my old build
    WD Caviar Black 1Tb SATA 3Gb/s
    and my cd-rom
    HP DVD1270

Everything is installed into the case and plugged in. Booted up the system and got the message "New Processor detected" press F1 to continue. So I press F1 and boot sequence continues untill I get the next message...

Adaptor 1 Disk Information: AHCI Mode
    No Hard Disk is detected

Boot sequence continues and windows begins to load. At the black Windows screen a BSOD flashes and system restarts. I get to a menu asking if I want to Check for errors (cant remember exact wording) or if I want to start the system normally. If I check for errors none are found and the computer turns off. If I start normally the whole process repeats.

I went into the bios and my HD and cd rom are there. It sees both and what SATA they are plugged into. I switched from ACHI to IDE and reset and I got the same error...no hd is detected.

Not sure where to go from here. The HD is from my old computer, but the HD it self is only a year or two old. Its whats in this machine right now. It works, boots up just fine but when I put it into the new build I get nothing.

Edit...Just checked the minidump folder and the most recent one is from 10/4/11 so i dont have a file to upload for the BSOD i briefly saw when it was booting windows.

Edit#2... Just found another thread saying to turn off the external SATA (eSATA) in the bios to get rid of that message in the boot process. But that doesnt explain why I cant get into windows. Im going to try going into the "look for errors" menu option I get taken to and restoring to a previous restore point. Or try to boot into safe mode to install drivers and such from the new hardware, if thats something I can do. I swear building a computer was alot eaiser a few years ago when I built my old rig.
  2. PsychoDave

PsychoDave TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 140

Problem Solved!!

I missed a print out in the box for the motherboard...

Apparently if you get the error I was you need to go to this website and run the fix it program.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
  3. KatangaSmoove

KatangaSmoove Newcomer, in training

How can you run the fix program when the pc BSOD when the windows loge comes?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.