ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard
ASUS GTX 560 Ti GPU
2x4Gb G.Skill Ripjaws Ram DDR3 1600
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750w PSU

Using HD from my old build
WD Caviar Black 1Tb SATA 3Gb/s
and my cd-rom
HP DVD1270

Everything is installed into the case and plugged in. Booted up the system and got the message "New Processor detected" press F1 to continue. So I press F1 and boot sequence continues untill I get the next message...

Adaptor 1 Disk Information: AHCI Mode
No Hard Disk is detected

Boot sequence continues and windows begins to load. At the black Windows screen a BSOD flashes and system restarts. I get to a menu asking if I want to Check for errors (cant remember exact wording) or if I want to start the system normally. If I check for errors none are found and the computer turns off. If I start normally the whole process repeats.

I went into the bios and my HD and cd rom are there. It sees both and what SATA they are plugged into. I switched from ACHI to IDE and reset and I got the same error...no hd is detected.

Not sure where to go from here. The HD is from my old computer, but the HD it self is only a year or two old. Its whats in this machine right now. It works, boots up just fine but when I put it into the new build I get nothing.

Edit...Just checked the minidump folder and the most recent one is from 10/4/11 so i dont have a file to upload for the BSOD i briefly saw when it was booting windows.

Edit#2... Just found another thread saying to turn off the external SATA (eSATA) in the bios to get rid of that message in the boot process. But that doesnt explain why I cant get into windows. Im going to try going into the "look for errors" menu option I get taken to and restoring to a previous restore point. Or try to boot into safe mode to install drivers and such from the new hardware, if thats something I can do. I swear building a computer was alot eaiser a few years ago when I built my old rig.

Back