New build, second attempt

By sol1109
Dec 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. A couple of months ago I posted some components I was considering for a new build. After some worthwhile feedback I decided to go back to the drawing board and do some more research. Below is my latest plan which I would be happy to receive any comments on.

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO (v3.1)
    Processor: i7 2600K
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix BL2KIT51264BA160A
    Video: EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR
    PS: Seasonic S12+ 650W

Merry Christmas
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

What are you using the PC for?
    You're missing a case and hard drive/SSD.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Might have also been easier if you had just called the video a "560 Ti" - but yes, what slh said. Also, what exactly will you be using this machine for? I assume gaming and maybe a bit of encoding based on your current specs.
  4. sol1109

sol1109 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 43

Already have a case and going to reuse hard drives in my current system which will become a hand me down to my kids. Primary use is general computing, Video/photo editing, limited gaming, some software compiling. Eventually this PC will be a hand me down so I like to over spec slightly to keep it relavent in 3-5 years.
  5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Well it looks like a great build - I would happily use a machine with those specs to do the things you mentioned.
  6. sol1109

sol1109 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 43

Good, Newegg has some deals on several of the components this weekend so I am pulling the trigger.