New build, three displays, can't get them working

I'm building a new gaming PC and need help. I have 3 monitors and can't get them working. Please see my system info in my profile.

Q - PCI Express x1_2 Slot Configuration: currently set to [U3 Mode] not set to [X1 Mode]. I'm assuming that's correct, please confirm.

A -

Q - I think I should be able to use HDMI cables and DVI cables interchangably with no problem to hook up 3 monitors. I have 2 monitors connected by HDMI, 1 isn't detected and displays nothing while the other displays the desktop at a reduced (compressed with black around the edges) size and I can't seem to change it. Can anyone confirm that HDMI cables can be used? The LG manual says something about PC not supported with the HDMI connector but it's vague. Please help.

In trying to troubleshoot I hooked a monitor up to the 2nd 7950 card via DVI and it doesn't work either. It seems only one of the graphics cards is sending a signal.

A -

Thanks again for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Cheers! - Mike

I think you need to use a Display Port or a DP to DVI converter for eyefinity. I'm not 100% sure though.

Back