Post New Reply
  1. I recently built a new gaming rig out of these parts:
    i5 2500K
    ASUS ENGTX 570 DIRECT CU II
    Corsair TX 650
    G.SKILLS RIPJAWX 1600mhz
    ASUS P8P67 Mobo
    WD Caviar black 7200RPM 500GB 32mb cache

It won't start after a full shutdown unless i switch off the power supply, wait for 10 secs, and switch it back on. But all my settings will be reset, and it will prompt me to the UEFI before I can go in to my OS.

For some reason, It boots fine from hibernation. And from what I have learned, Hibernation is just like a full shutdown, except it copies everything in the RAM on to your hard drive.

yes, I have installed the motherboard standoffs. and made sure all my connections are plugged in correctly. Any help?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,213   +230

Did you install all the Asus motherboards drivers from the Asus support website, and not from another source like a CD?

3. MyPCRunsMe

MyPCRunsMe TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes, i downloaded the most recent drivers as well as flashed my bios, no luck.
    Could it be a motherboard problem?

4. Tmagic650

Can you re-install Windows? Did this problem happen before the bios upgrade or after?

5. MyPCRunsMe

I think the problem was always there, because i did everything on my 1st boot. And yes, i have tried reinstalling windows. To my disappointment, it did not fix the problem

6. Tmagic650

Did you do a full format before the Windows install?

7. MyPCRunsMe

that, i didn't do. I didn't think it was necessary, since it's a new drive fresh from the manufacturer.
    Can the OS affect how the computer turns on?
    i find it hard to believe.