New built computer won't POST

I'm pretty sure that's the problem, anyway. Here's the rundown:

Supermicro X9SCM Mobo
Intel Xeon E3 1220 Sandy Bridge Server CPU
400W Rosewill PSU
Corsair Vengeance 240-pin DDR3 RAM (2x4GB)

I obviously have more components, but even with these bare essentials it won't boot properly. When I power it on, all the fans start up and all the proper LEDs light up, but there is no beep indicating that it passed the POST, and there is no monitor signal sent from the onboard VGA.

I tried removing one memory stick, and got the same response. I then removed both just to see what it would do, and it gave me the expected "no memory" beep code.

After looking closer at the memory specs and the motherboard manual, I noticed something that didn't match up. The motherboard only lists 1066 and 1333 as compatible memory speeds, and the memory sticks run at 1600. Is that normally a problem?

I can provide any more information if necessary.

Server motherboard requires ECC memory, which I don't believe any of the Vengeance range is.

Some server motherboards let you use either or for memory. I did not look at the specs for that board. As for the speed of the memory that might not matter either because the mobo will down clock it in most of the time. Just check all your parts and make sure you have the ram in the right slots before you spend money on any thing new. Double check your parts and connections. Good luck

Back