TechSpot

New can get my G550 card to work

By BigJames54
Apr 13, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all im new here, I will be coming here to try and get some answers if I can to different problems i might have. I will also help answer any questions if I can. :wave: I have a question, i havea low profile g550 duel video card and can't seem to get it to work. When I put it in the pci slot and turn on the PC it would work up until the windows splash screen, then the main monitior turn off. The second monitiior don't even come on. Could i have a bad y cable? Thanks for and help
  2. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 593

Hello and Welcome to tecspot. Do any other video cards work in the slot.
  3. crazy_comp_dude

crazy_comp_dude TS Rookie Posts: 57

yeah man like an onborad card? becuase that would be easy to fix!, I think people should look around becuase i do belive that this question has been answered many many times, not to sound angry, but it has been.
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Aren't G550s AGP-cards?
    I have one in my PC and it is definitely NOT a PCI card.
    From Windows 2000 onwards, there is basic Matrox driver-support in Windows.
    Matrox also has universal Drivers for the G200-G550 group, downloadable from their web.
    Did you install any Matrox drivers at all?
  5. BigJames54

BigJames54 TS Rookie Topic Starter

it's working now

I got it to work by disableing the on board video thought dievices. Thanks for the help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.