New CCleaner

circusboy01

I got a e-mail from Piriform saying that the new v 3.,05 CCleaner has added support for IE9 And Firefox 4.0 ,and other new stuff. Those of you who use CCleaner probably got the same E-mail. Is it worth spending $24.95 ? Or. Should I just stay with the free one I'm using now.? Thanks CB

The free Ccleaner version 3.05 added support for IE9 and FF4.

So you're saying that v.3.05 with the added support is free? According to the Piriform ad I got in my E-mail it's $12.95.
I'm kinda confused. Can you please tell me where you got your information that it's free? Thanks CB

I think the distinction is in being able
1. To get "Help Support" from Piriform (who makes CCleaner). When you subscribe for $$ you can email them with any questions/problems vs.
2. CCleaner software "supporting" cleaning up after the new IE and FF versions (which comes in CCleaner for free)

/& EDIT */
Release notes for the latest CCleaner version. Note the first 2 lines
Code:
Release notes

* v3.05.1408 (24 Mar 2011)

- Added support for Internet Explorer 9.
      - Added support for Firefox 4.0.
      - Added Internet Explorer Cached Feeds cleaning.
      - Added Internet Explorer Add-ons Statistics cleaning.
      - Added iTunes cookie management.
      - Added Opera cleaning for saved/opened directories paths.
      - Improved Firefox/Mozilla Saved Password cleaning.
      - Improved Intelligent cookie keeping functionality.
      - Improved Registry cleaning for Obsolete Software.
      - Improved Registry cleaning for Unused File Extensions.
      - Added Registry cleaner for Windows Services.
      - Added cleaning for obsolete Firewall Rules.
      - Added detection of invalid Browser Helper Objects.
      - Added new environment variables for user documents. (i.e. %CommonDocuments%, %CommonMusic%, %CommonPictures%, %CommonVideo%, %MyDocuments%, %Documents%, %MyMusic%, %Music%, %MyPictures%, %Pictures%, %MyVideo%, %Video%).
      - Added cleaning for Adobe Air, Advanced Searchbar, Steam, Xfire, Skype, AOL Instant Messenger, Camfrog Video Chat, Miranda Instant Messenger, Pidgin, Yahoo Messenger, ooVoo, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo Client, Ventrilo Server, FrostWire, uTorrent, Shareaza, iMesh, BearShare, DC++ and Ares.

I think the distinction is in being able
1. To get "Help Support" from Piriform (who makes CCleaner). When you subscribe for $$ you can email them with any questions/problems vs.
2. CCleaner software "supporting" cleaning up after the new IE and FF versions (which comes in CCleaner for free)

/& EDIT */
Release notes for the latest CCleaner version. Note the first 2 lines
Code:
Release notes

* v3.05.1408 (24 Mar 2011)

- Added support for Internet Explorer 9.
      - Added support for Firefox 4.0.
      - Added Internet Explorer Cached Feeds cleaning.
      - Added Internet Explorer Add-ons Statistics cleaning.
      - Added iTunes cookie management.
      - Added Opera cleaning for saved/opened directories paths.
      - Improved Firefox/Mozilla Saved Password cleaning.
      - Improved Intelligent cookie keeping functionality.
      - Improved Registry cleaning for Obsolete Software.
      - Improved Registry cleaning for Unused File Extensions.
      - Added Registry cleaner for Windows Services.
      - Added cleaning for obsolete Firewall Rules.
      - Added detection of invalid Browser Helper Objects.
      - Added new environment variables for user documents. (i.e. %CommonDocuments%, %CommonMusic%, %CommonPictures%, %CommonVideo%, %MyDocuments%, %Documents%, %MyMusic%, %Music%, %MyPictures%, %Pictures%, %MyVideo%, %Video%).
      - Added cleaning for Adobe Air, Advanced Searchbar, Steam, Xfire, Skype, AOL Instant Messenger, Camfrog Video Chat, Miranda Instant Messenger, Pidgin, Yahoo Messenger, ooVoo, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo Client, Ventrilo Server, FrostWire, uTorrent, Shareaza, iMesh, BearShare, DC++ and Ares.

You're sure the Free Version ( the one I'm using now ) Has the same updates as the $12.95 version ? Or am I misunderstanding something? CB

Thank you

Thanks,All who posted here.Don';t know what gives,with Piriform advertising the 3.05 in E-mails for $12.95. Then giving it away for free.Were they trying to catch some of us not paying attention? Which would have been me.If it weren't for all of you.Thanks again. CCleaner is a great tool and I'll probably always use it.But I think maybe I trust Piriform just a little bit less. CB

I guess about an hour later.Looks like I might have read the E-mail from Piriform wrong. Looks like it's priority support. That they want $12.95 for.:eek:

Back