New Computer, No Video Output

Status
Not open for further replies.
To start off, I am not a troubleshooting guru. I have built at least 5 computers before and haven't a problem like this until now.

So i just built a computer here are the specs:
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ANB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Rosewill Stallion Series Dual Ball Bearing Fan RD600N-2DB-SL-BK ATX V2.2/SSI, EPS 12V 600W Active PFC Power Supply-SLI Ready, Auto Switching/90-264V UL, FCC
Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card
SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache PATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe

When I turn on the computer all the fans and LED lights come on that are supposed to. Even the GFX card's fan is on. I hear the HDs start up and all. But I don't get video output, and the DVD Drive is connected but wont open. There are no beeps from the mobo. CPU fan that's connected to the mobo runs fine. Is the mobo or processor bad? Is there a short in the mobo possible?

I'd bet on that Rosewill PSU of yours being a clunker way before I pointed my finger at the motherboard.

Make sure everything is assembled both properly and completely, and if you still aren't getting power to a few components, try swapping the PSU out with a known working one.

ok i'll try and pick up a new PSU. you honestly think that's the problem even when all the fans, lights and HDs are starting up?

I can't say for sure of course, but I can say these two things:

If I had to put money on a component that has failed in your system based on the symptoms, I'd bet on your PSU.

If I were asked to pick one component in that line-up that would be the most likely to fail (without any current issues or symptoms), I'd bet on that PSU.

It can be another issue of course, I am just working off probability and instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back