New computer - Random BSODs - Minidumps attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

This will be my first (but probably not last) post here.

I recieved my new computer last Thursday, and ever since I´ve been experiencing BSODs in Windows. There seems to be no obvious trigger, it happens when running programs, playing games, installing software or even just browsing the web.

I´ll give you some specs here:

Motherboad: Gigabyte MA790X-UD4
CPU: AMD Phenom II 940 3,0 GHZ
CPU Cooling: OCZ Vendetta II
Memory: 2*2048 MB Corsair XMS2 6400
GPU: ATI Radeon 4870 1 GB
System drive: 30GB SSD OCZ Vertex
Storage drive: 640GB WD Green
PSU: Corsair 650W PSU CMPSU-TXEU

CPU-temp right now is 47 degrees, and this is after running prime 95 with small FFT for 20 mins. GPU is at 52 degrees.

When the BSODs started, I proceeded by resetting CMOS, reloading BIOS defaults and reinstalling Win XP. But no difference.

Today I´ve been running Memtest86+ test 9, and it made two passes with no errors. Also did one pass with default tests, which also passed without errors.

However, when running Prime 95 torture test in blend mode, the workers fail within 2 minutes, regardless of running with 1 or 4 threads. Running in Small FFT mode seems to be no problem at all.

Yesterday I tried using just one memory stick, but once again got the BSOD when browsing the web.

I honestly have no clue how to move on from here... Is there something else I can try? Hope someone can shed some light on the situation.

I´ll attach some minidumps, been trying to understand them but to me it seems like there´s a different error everytime...

Problem solved it seems, changed timings on memory from stock 5-5-5-18 to 6-6-6-18, and now prime 95 blend have been running for 1 hour with 4 threads and no errors!

I am having the same problem but im not very good with computers :(
It keeps rebooting every few minutes and i don't know what to do!
Any help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back