New desktop, monitor doesn't display

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HYPERVELOCITY

Hi guys,

I just built my new desktop with the exactly same stuffs from this page (https://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page3.html) except i use onboard soundcard.

i connecting the monitor's cable to the graphic card by the DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter that came with the card.

but there is no display on the monitor. Also the graphic card fan run very loud and there are two red LED light on the back of the card. CPU fan also not running.

At the first time i thought something might wrong with the power connectors so i tried to reorganize the power connectors but the result still the same.

Please help....... :blackeye:

i assume there's a VGA port on your graphic's card as well. Have you already tried just running a vga cable to the monitor to see the card is otherwise working? Also, not sure if applicable, but just fyi..... someone with similar problem with no monitor display indicated their issue was traced back to the DVI / VGA adapter. Once adapter replaced they could run off the DVI port

i assume there's a VGA port on your graphic's card as well. Have you already tried just running a vga cable to the monitor to see the card is otherwise working? Also, not sure if applicable, but just fyi..... someone with similar problem with no monitor display indicated their issue was traced back to the DVI / VGA adapter. Once adapter replaced they could run off the DVI port

Unfortunately, my graphic card doesn't has VGA port (that's why im using adapter).

anyway.....what do they mean about the two red LED light on the back of the card?

Just wondering if your graphics card needs power. I.E. a four or six pin plug which attaches to the card?

I just bought a new MOBO today (Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L), this time the CPU fan run (the old MOBO one didn't) ....but the monitor still not display.

Just wondering if your graphics card needs power. I.E. a four or six pin plug which attaches to the card?

It came with 6.

It might be your PSU not delivering enough power to the card or it could be the monitor itself. have you used the monitor on another system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back