New desktop, monitor doesn't display

By HYPERVELOCITY
Jul 27, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,

I just built my new desktop with the exactly same stuffs from this page (http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page3.html) except i use onboard soundcard.

i connecting the monitor's cable to the graphic card by the DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter that came with the card.

but there is no display on the monitor. Also the graphic card fan run very loud and there are two red LED light on the back of the card. CPU fan also not running.

At the first time i thought something might wrong with the power connectors so i tried to reorganize the power connectors but the result still the same.

Please help....... :blackeye:
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,284   +153

i assume there's a VGA port on your graphic's card as well. Have you already tried just running a vga cable to the monitor to see the card is otherwise working? Also, not sure if applicable, but just fyi..... someone with similar problem with no monitor display indicated their issue was traced back to the DVI / VGA adapter. Once adapter replaced they could run off the DVI port
  3. HYPERVELOCITY

HYPERVELOCITY Topic Starter

Unfortunately, my graphic card doesn't has VGA port (that's why im using adapter).

anyway.....what do they mean about the two red LED light on the back of the card?
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

read the no post guide and the bios beep guide in the guides forum
  5. insoman

insoman Newcomer, in training Posts: 158

Just wondering if your graphics card needs power. I.E. a four or six pin plug which attaches to the card?
  6. HYPERVELOCITY

HYPERVELOCITY Topic Starter

I just bought a new MOBO today (Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L), this time the CPU fan run (the old MOBO one didn't) ....but the monitor still not display.

It came with 6.
  7. insoman

insoman Newcomer, in training Posts: 158

It might be your PSU not delivering enough power to the card or it could be the monitor itself. have you used the monitor on another system?
  8. Darth_Terra1

Darth_Terra1 Newcomer, in training Posts: 234

Do you have a spare vid card to try it could that which is at fault.
  9. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.