New DVD Burner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Plextor DVDR PX-740A and I am having trouble making copies of my dvd of home movies and getting it to play on my old Apex dvd player. I can make copies of it on my old machine (Older Hewlett Packard Dvd burner) and they play just fine. Im curious of what might cause this problem, because Im stumped. I have tried numourous hours to get this to work with no success. The movies play on both computers, but just not on the old dvd player. Im using the same dvd-r's on both machines, so it cant be the type of dvd-r. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

No, but if the same type of media works burnt from the hewlett packard and plays on my dvd player, shouldnt that same type of media burnt from the new plextor play as well? could that possibly have something to do with it?

Different burners like different types of media...
Whenever i buy a new burner i borrow, buy 1 brand of media from everyone i know in as many flavors as possible. I then creat a mixed media project with Music Data and multimedia and test every disk with the same project.
This tells me immediate results of which media that burner likes without getting stuck with a 50 pak i can't use.

patio. :cool:

Well, I can burn data dvd's and they work just fine. Its just doesnt want to play on my dvd player. Can this still be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back