New graphics card for a Compaq Presario SR5113WM

My video has went completely out and since it's built into the motherboard is there any graphics cards I can purchase and install to over write it? I know how to install them I just need to know which one is compatible with my computer.

Your computer has a X16 PCI-E slot for a video card, so you should have a large selection of video cards to choose from. The problem you'll run into is room in your case, and you have an underpowered 250W power supply. You'll need at least a good 450W power supply and video card that fit in your case. Pretty much any video card you purchase will be significantly more powerful than your old built-in video chip.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127611

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151074

The above should do. I'm not 100% on the size of the power supply. It may or may not fit inside your case. I'm very sure the video card will fit.

Thank you so much! I found this:
Most HP Desktop PCs contain ATX power supplies that are 6 inches (15.25 cm) x 5 inches (12.7 cm) x 3.25 inches (8.25 cm). If your PC has a standard ATX power supply, you can replace it with standard ATX power supplies sold by most electronic stores.

SO does that mean I need a smaller power supply inch wise?

Depends if your PC is one of those slim ones or normal size. The PSU suggested above will be fine for normal towers.

I found a picture of the back of your case. I looks like the power supply mounts at the top of the case as normal. You should have enough room to install the new power supply.

midtowerback-2.jpg

There is another Issue that I just noticed. You have a BTX case. I don't know if the power plug pin-outs on an ATX power supply will match the power socket on a BTX motherboard, but it probably will.

At first I was just worried that the PSU might not fit because some mid towers mount the power supply over the motherboard. These mid mounted power supplies are usually very small, and the motherboard mounted cards and heat sinks usually leave very little room for aftermarket parts.

Back