New Hangouts for Android update brings merged conversations

1. Google yesterday released a new version of Hangouts for Android that will finally allow users to merge SMS and Hangout conversations. Mike Dodd, an Android software developer made the announcement in a Google+ post.

Read more
  2. Gaara

Gaara Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

I love to use Hangouts
  3. And when will it be available in the iTunes Store?
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,809   +702

Now this is more like it. I stopped using it as a SMS client purely for that reason, it's time to take it for a spin again.
  5. This will be great for those that use Hangouts. I personally preferred GTalk. It was simple, lightweight, and wasn't pervasive. I had a friend recently ask me, "hey, why didn't you respond to me?" I asked what they were talking about and they said, "well I sent you a message through Hangout on your Google+". Who actually uses Google+? I tried it for months. It is so far behind and clunky it is stupid. I really hate to say it, but Facebook has Google beat hands down when it comes to Social Media. That very well may change however with the way FB is talking about compartmentalizing their "apps".
  6. MonsterZero

MonsterZero Newcomer, in training Posts: 52   +9

Hangouts is Gchat, just new and improved

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.