"New hardware found" pop up problem

Doctor Gallop

I am running XP. Everything was fine and then all of a sudden one day after starting up the computer...I get the pop up window [ image attached ]telling me there is "new hardware found. When I go to "cancel"...everything would "freeze".
I did not attempt to install any new hardware.
This happened like 4 times and then it just stopped happening.
Can someone tell me why that would happen? Is there a way to disable that pop up?
Thank you.
View attachment 72760 View attachment 72761

Clicking your "view attachment" I get this
TechSpot Forums - Error

The requested attachment could not be found.

According to your picture on the left, I'd say you need to get the CD that came with the product/item & put it in the drive. If I'm incorrect,others will correct me but I think I'm right.

Thank you for trying to help....but like I stated in my initial post....I did not try to install any new hardware...I stated getting the pop up window for no reason and then everything would "freeze' and I would have to shut it down...that all happened 4 times in a row, and then stopped. I am just trying to figure out why it did that and how to prevent it from happening again.

Seems to be related to SuperAntiSpyware. See HERE. Looks like an SAS reinstall should fix it
I do have the freeware version of Super Anti-Spyware....so then it must be from that? Should I uninstall it? Maybe not use it anymore? Come to think of it....this all started after I attempted to "update" the freeware.

Back