TechSpot

"New hardware found" pop up problem

1. I am running XP. Everything was fine and then all of a sudden one day after starting up the computer...I get the pop up window [ image attached ]telling me there is "new hardware found. When I go to "cancel"...everything would "freeze".
    I did not attempt to install any new hardware.
    This happened like 4 times and then it just stopped happening.
    Can someone tell me why that would happen? Is there a way to disable that pop up?
    Thank you.
    View attachment 72760 View attachment 72761

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,533   +332

Clicking your "view attachment" I get this
    TechSpot Forums - Error

The requested attachment could not be found.

3. Doctor Gallop

Doctor Gallop TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 195   +6

Hope you can see the image now.

Attached Files:

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,533   +332

According to your picture on the left, I'd say you need to get the CD that came with the product/item & put it in the drive. If I'm incorrect,others will correct me but I think I'm right.

5. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Seems to be related to SuperAntiSpyware. See HERE. Looks like an SAS reinstall should fix it

6. Doctor Gallop

Thank you for trying to help....but like I stated in my initial post....I did not try to install any new hardware...I stated getting the pop up window for no reason and then everything would "freeze' and I would have to shut it down...that all happened 4 times in a row, and then stopped. I am just trying to figure out why it did that and how to prevent it from happening again.

7. Doctor Gallop

I do have the freeware version of Super Anti-Spyware....so then it must be from that? Should I uninstall it? Maybe not use it anymore? Come to think of it....this all started after I attempted to "update" the freeware.

8. Doctor Gallop

Thank you fellas! You guys are the best! Problem solved!